Dec 7, 1941 - War explodes across the Pacific when the Japanese attack the American fleet at Pearl Harbor. By May 1942, Japan has spread across the Pacific and is threatening America’s supply lines to Australia after building an airfield on the island of Guadalcanal.
The United States counters with an ill-prepared occupation of Guadalcanal’s airfield with the 1st Marine Division. The Japanese retaliate with vengeance, cutting off the Marines by sea and pouring in thousands of Japanese reinforcements. A desperate struggle ensues, as the Americans try to hold on to their tiny foothold against the might of the Japanese Empire.
Guadalcanal continues the multi-award winning Conflict of Heroes series. In this game, players command platoons and companies of individual squads and tanks to resolve the same tactical dilemmas that commanders faced during some of the most ferocious engagements of WWII.
In Guadalcanal, the Americans track VPs, but the Japanese track Bushido. If a Japanese commander ‘loses face’ during battle, his command and men’s morale can crumble. This is a groundbreaking new concept that forces players to think like their 1942 counterparts.
Conflict of Heroes features a fast and fluid system that is easy to learn but realistic to all of the unique theaters of battle portrayed.
Conflict of Heroes - Guadalcanal continues the award winning series with a new unique pacific battlefield to fight in and two new asymmetric nations to command! Take control of the fanatical Japanese or the resourceful Marines and lead your squads in the most important battles of the Guadalcanal campaign. Overwhelm the Marines with Banzai charges across rivers, lead challenging sea raids on Japanese supply dumps, launch ambushes out of the dark of night, and decimate your enemy with artillery in firefights that include:
-The Battles of Alligator Creek
-The Battle of Henderson Field
-And 9 more thrilling engagements
- 4 large mounted geomorphic game maps that include beautifully rendered beaches, jungles, and ridges.
- 1 sheet of thick overlays that add rivers, villages, and hills to any map.
- 40 LARGE and thick 1" die cut Marine counters depicting Stuart tanks, antitank guns, 1st Raiders, Mortars, and more!
- 40 Japanese 1" die cut unit counters that include grenade dischargers, snipers, Chi-Ha tanks and more.
- 20 unique Japanese hit counters that add the uncertainty of no-effect hits!
- 20 American hit counters.
- 10 Vehicle hit counters
- A Firefight book that includes the campaign summary and maps, historical context and 16 firefights for 2 - 4 players.
- A Programmed learning rulebook that teaches the rules in tiny fast and easy to learn steps.
- And much more.
This game is boxed like all other games in the series and includes a plastic sorting tray.
- Board Game Categories:
- Board Game Categories:
- World War II
- Tabletop Gaming Stock
Delivery Methods - Domestic
- Standard Delivery (1-3 day service)
- Economy Delivery (3-5 day service)
- Royal Mail 24 Tracked (1-2 day service)
- Royal Mail 48 Tracked (2-3 day service)
- Express Delivery (Next Day (Mon-Fri) service)
- Saturday Delivery (delivered on Saturday)
- Returns can be made within 14 days of purchase.
You can find more details on our delivery and returns policies, and the delivery methods available, here.